To be successful in this position, a FuseFX Systems Engineer should be a highly motivated, results-driven individual who can create the perfect solution for our organization’s cutting-edge needs. The best candidate will also be an excellent listener and communicator, with the ability to explain why their solutions are the best fit for us.
All of FuseFX’s technical roles involve both technical and interpersonal components, ensuring systems are technically sound while maintaining open communication both within the department and with production teams.
- Assist in developing design approaches and concepts on assigned projects and requests assistance from the staff when needed.
- Assist in Supervising technical staff performing development related services. Support for operations, maintenance and development of IT standards.
- Ensure that company technical policies and procedures are practiced during the execution of projects.
- Integrate new technology into the facility
- Manage the production systems in a Windows environment, including the following: Windows Server 2012/2016, Active Directory, Terminal Services, VDI, MS SQL Server, WSUS, Virtualized Infrastructure (VMware)
- Monitor windows environment for anomalies and errors, reporting and escalation of issues.
- Manage enterprise applications responsible for server builds, patch management, virtual machine management, virus scanning, etc.
- Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
- Monitoring systems in the existing network to ensure there are no productivity set-backs.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in a Systems Engineer, Systems Administrator or DevOps role.
- Minimum 1-2 years hands-on experience working with cloud infrastructure.
- Experience working with infrastructure as orchestration tools such as Salt, Ansible, or Puppet
- Experience with virtualization and container solutions is strongly required (ie: Docker, Kubernetes, VMWare, etc)
- Consistent and effective documentation with an emphasis on knowledge sharing and team building.
- System administration knowledge of Active Directory, DNS & DHCP
- Knowledge of server and desktop infrastructure, Linux, OSX and Windows 10
- Experience with Bash, Python, and Powershell
- Experience with scale strongly preferred. (Distributed Computing, Clouds, Scale Out (anything))
- EMC/ISILON experience (or any unstructured data knowledge)
- GCS/AWS Certifications
- MS Certifications
- RHEL Certifications
- CCNA or equivalent experience
- Experience with RFP process for equipment and software purchasing
- Experience with Data Center buildouts