FuseFX-Los Angeles is seeking a Systems Engineer / DevOps with the primary focus of helping to automate and improve tasks such as responsibilities below. Candidates with post production, visual effects, animation, gaming industry, or scientific systems experience preferred. FuseFX is a visual effects studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for episodic television, feature film, and commercials. We currently have 3 locations (plus the cloud) and are looking to grow.
- Collaborate to improve function and efficiency in and around IT
- Proactively working to decrease downtime
- Design, implement, build, deploy and maintain software, SDLC and configuration management
- Implement automated application installations (for Windows, Linux, and OSX)
- Implement automated operating system installations and improvements to systems
- Administer filesystems and their associated permissions across multiple protocols
- Level 2/3 support for resolving software and hardware issues
- Level 2/3 support for assisting with more complex email, FTP, login, and internal website issues
- Assist Associate Engineers, with Network, VM and other critical infrastructure administration
- Ability to demonstrate hands-on experience in implementing best practices
- Technical aptitude
- Scripting/Automation using APIs with some level of UI design
- Experience with DevOps container/orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Experience with NoSQL – TIG stack (Telegraph, Influx, Grafana) and REDIS (or similar – MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.)
- Knowledge in scripting languages, Python, Bash and Powershell scripting
- Experience with SaltStack for CI/CD (Salt, Python) or similar
- Database experience with MS SQL and MariaDB (or similar DB – MySQL or Percona)
- Experience with messaging tools (RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, EMQ, etc.)
- Experience with Load Balancing tools (HAProxy, nginx, Squid, Apache Traffic Server, etc.)
- Strong development experience with Linux and integrating Open Source software
- Boto3 experience a plus
- Log aggregation platform experience a plus
- Web Development/API tie in
- Some experience configuring switches
- Experience with firewalls
- Substantial experience with Active Directory including group policy, replication, etc.
- Substantial experience with: OSX, and Linux (RHEL, CENTOS, and Debian)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMWare/ESXi preferred)
- Flexible hours (paid OT and on-call)
- Physical ability to lift at least 50lbs to standing height and assist in movement of heavier items
- Formal education in Computer Science or equivalent a plus
- Experience with network rendering a plus
- Positive can-do attitude combined with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Able to work collaboratively in an environment with very little instruction.
Local Applicants to Los Angeles preferred.
Principals only (no recruiters). No calls.