FuseFX Los Angeles is currently seeking a talented and experienced Character Setup TD to join the team for exciting current and upcoming projects! FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television, and commercials.
As a Technical Director tasked with Maya Rigging at FuseFX, you will be responsible for providing character, creature, facial, and prop asset rigging for multiple productions. Turnaround times are rapid, so advanced knowledge of procedurally scripted rigging solutions and modular approaches are key. You may be asked to assist in providing realistic rigging bid times for new shows as well.
In addition to providing animator-friendly rigs based on Advanced Skeleton build templates that also include tools found in proprietary modules, you will be creating artist and pipeline tools written in Python and MEL. Knowledge of other programming languages, such as C++, MayaAPI, and experience with PySide interfaces are highly desirable as well.
Experience with Golaem crowds and motion capture rigs is a plus, and occasional motion capture editing in MotionBuilder and additional tools may be required. Familiarity with GIThub for source control is also desired.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience (senior level) animating quadrupeds and bipeds
- Strong understanding of animation principles in traditional and digital techniques
- Ability to create realistic FK/IK rigs for a variety of humanoids and creature models
- Thorough knowledge of weighting and skinning, with a demonstrated ability to rig a variety of characters / objects in a realistic, non-cartoon manner
- Eager to assist in the creation of new rigs and rig components
- Solid knowledge of Character set-up in Maya, Advanced Skeleton, and being able to script in Python
- Production experience with deformers, constraints, utility nodes, expressions, and hair & cloth
- Ability to perform rig maintenance and fixes during production as requested
- Experience working in 3DS Max a plus
SKILLS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 5+ years’ experience (senior level) in a production environment
- Experience in Python in Maya
- Knowledge of anatomy and an understanding of bio-mechanics for humanoid and animals
- Should effectively execute all necessary assigned tasks while under tight production schedule deadlines
- Strong creative and technical abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude
- Work well in a team environment