FuseFX Vancouver is seeking a talented and experienced Production Manager with a background in television and/or feature film VFX to join our team.
The Production Manager is responsible for all oversight regarding creative resources at FuseFX Vancouver. They should possess a strong understanding of the entire Visual Effects process and experience leveraging this knowledge for creating effective, efficient resource plans.
FuseFX is an Emmy-award winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television, and commercials.
- Responsible for resource planning across all projects in the Vancouver office.
- Adept at applying analytical thinking to complex data while also considering the human aspect of visual effects in order to create decisive, timely, and confident plans of action.
- Influential with studio leadership, executives, department heads and the production management team in order to execute all plans.
- Work with project leadership to ensure successful shot management is occurring and resources are efficiently utilized and managed through diligent evaluation.
- Ensure that information used for resource planning and staffing decisions is accurate and up-to-date.
- Skilled at providing articulate, actionable and even-handed feedback to the Vancouver production management team.
- Sharp organizational and time management skills, able to engage in varied projects simultaneously while maintaining meticulous attention to detail and working towards deadlines.
- Collaborate with the Los Angeles-based Head of Production Management on efficiency goals, projections, and project plans.
- Liaison with FuseFX’s Production Management teams at all offices. Facilitate sharing resources when necessary.
- Responsible for communicating pipeline and procedure roll outs, as needed
- Consistently look for ways to improve and innovate existing workflows and production management tools.
- Ensure new show set ups are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Model a “customer service” approach to other departments.
- Maintain a desire to deliver consistently high-quality work, while encouraging those around you to strive for those same standards.
- Act as liaison to other departments and offices. Maintain a general pulse of what company leadership and other departments need from the production management team.
- Manage conflict resolution and sensitive conversations with diplomacy and discretion.
- Participate in interviews and recruiting, as needed.
- Foster a positive company culture
Traits of a successful FuseFX Production Manager:
- Minimum of 2 years in a VFX Production Manager position, ideally with experience working on VFX for episodic television.
- In depth understanding of the visual effects process including asset development, layout, matte painting, animation, FX, lighting and compositing.
- Possess strong leadership capabilities, with the ability to train, mentor and motivate colleagues with varying experience levels to succeed, individually and as a team.
- Strategic problem solver, who is able to find solutions when others are stuck.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude with the ability to adapt quickly under pressure.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Must be able to travel.