FuseFX Vancouver is looking for an eager part-time Office Assistant, with an interest in VFX production for television and film, to join our team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for an entry level role that could grow within the company. The role of the Office Assistant is to facilitate the operational and administrative requirements of staff, facilities, and clients. The main responsibilities include administrative and reception tasks and the upkeep of the office appearance. This is a part-time position (25+ hours per week) with the possibility of weekend work.
FuseFX is an Emmy-award winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television, and commercials.
- Contribute a very positive and welcoming impression on our staff and visitors
- Handle all phone calls, transfers, messages and emails in a professional manner
- Keep the office clean, organized and tidy at all times
- Ensure that security is maintained through firm but friendly adherence to company procedures
- Receive and distribute any mail, supply orders, deliveries
- Keep extension and contact lists up to date
- Maintain supply of keys
- Keep an inventory/ handle orders for all office supplies, kitchen necessities, etc.
- Process online orders as requested
- Take out garbage and recycling, as needed
- Manage organization of drives: log in/out, pick up & delivery
- Communicate any office problems or issues that may arise with upper management, as needed
- Other duties as assigned (e.g. changing light bulbs, building office furniture, breaking down boxes, updating database, updating spreadsheets, event planning, various administrative tasks)
Traits of a successful FuseFX Office Assistant:
- Be prepared for flexible hours, as needed by production
- Feel comfortable juggling multiple tasks at one time
- Have confidence, common sense and the desire to learn all that you can about our client and staff needs and the services that we provide
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must have reliable transportation