- FuseFX Vancouver is looking for a seasoned Maya Technical Director to join our global pipeline team. The Maya Technical Director is responsible for maintaining and writing workflow tools for production use and supporting the production teams.
- Write new tools and support existing toolset in Python and MEL for Maya artists; general Maya troubleshooting for artists, including issues in rendering, animation, tracking, etc.
- Providing documentation of all development with consistent updates
- Collaborating with pipeline team, CG supervisors and end users to determine the best solutions
- Maximizing tools for Nuke updates
- Identifying bugs and resolving/optimizing existing tools
- Troubleshooting artists scenes when necessary
- Communicating with Autodesk regarding open tickets, requests and beta testing
- Work with other pipeline team members and software developers to improve and refine overall workflow in FuseFX
- A computer science degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years experience as a Maya TD. Experience as an artist in production preferred
- The ability to translate an artist’s perspective while designing tools with a focus on usability
- Extensive working knowledge of Python and Mel
- The ability to prioritize production needs and tasks
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Desirable skills include: Maya, PySide, PyQt, Deadline, VRAY, GIT
- Knowledge of other 3D packages a plus. 3D Max, Houdini, SynthEyes, 3D Equalizer
- Knowledge of Database systems and database design preferred
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.