FuseFX Los Angeles is looking for an exceptionally skilled FX Department Supervisor to work on a team that is developing VFX for exciting projects!
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for episodic television, feature films, and commercials.
- 7+ years experience in a production environment
- 5+ years experience in simulated effects
- 3+ years experience as a CG Supervisor or similar position
- Creating natural effects such as fire, smoke, destruction, explosions, mist, dust, ocean surfaces, splashes, etc.
- Manage and coordinate scheduling, bidding, and artists
- 3ds Max and Maya skills preferred, but not required
- Mantra and VRay required, Redshift desired
- Thinking Particles/Pflow, FumeFX, Krakatoa, and Phoenix in 3ds Max and/or Maya as applicable
- Knowledge of all aspects of a 3D production pipeline including previs, modeling, rigging, lookdev, lighting, rendering, and FX
- Compositing with Nuke or similar node-based applications
- Strong creative eye with regards to lighting principles, color theory, composition, and timing
- Excellent Houdini skills (RBDs, DOPs, fluid solvers, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of simulation techniques and technologies relating to effects
- You must be able to work well within a team to develop new tools for ongoing productions while also being able to solve shot-specific issues independently
- Should be able to effectively execute all necessary assigned tasks while under tight production schedule deadlines
- Efficient communication with producers and coordinators on project statuses
- Strong creative and technical abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and motivational qualities