Environment Generalist TD – Los Angeles
FuseFX is currently searching for Environment Generalist TD to join our Digital Matte Painting team. The primary focus of this position is the creation and integration of photo realistic matte painting for episodic and feature projects. Candidate will work with a team of it professionals and support artists, producers, and supervisors. Candidates with a visual effects background and experience in episodic television production highly preferred.
FuseFX is an Emmy-award winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television, and commercials.
The Environment Generalist TD should have a range of skills in 3D and 2.5D. Work may include modeling, texturing, look development, lighting, and re-projection, and requires you to make technical decisions on a day-to-day basis.
An Environment Generalist TD must have:
- Experience modelling, texturing, layout, lighting and digital matte painting for high-end broadcast or feature film projects.
- Thorough understanding of 3D and 2.5D VFX processes and production pipelines.
- Strong working knowledge of a range of VFX industry software.
- Good Understanding of compositing
- Experience working with shoot data including photographic and reference data, HDRIs, photogrammetry, and Lidar.
- Proven experience developing photo-real environments
- Experience with procedural city generation and scattering tools in advantage
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the natural world (geology, geography and meteorology) and architecture (design and engineering)