FuseFX is seeking a Systems Engineer with the primary focus of helping to automate and improve tasks such as responsibilities below. Candidates with post production, visual effects, animation, gaming industry, or scientific systems experience preferred.
FuseFX is a visual effects studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for episodic television, feature film, and commercials. We currently have 3 locations (plus the cloud) and are looking to grow.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Collaboration to improve function and efficiency of IT and other departments
• Editor, Artist, Producer, and User support
o Automated application installation (for Windows, Linux, and OSX)
o Automated operating system installation
o Filesystem / permissions management
o Resolving software and hardware issues
o Helping with more complex email, FTP, login, and internal website issues
o Network, VM and other critical infrastructure administration
o Resolving issues, pro-actively working to decrease downtime
o Upgrades and improvements
o Interconnection with other offices as well as clients and vendors
o Helping to define new policies and ensuring all policies are enforced
• Physical ability to lift at least 50lbs to standing height and assist in movement of heavier items
• Flexible hours (paid OT and on-call)
• Technical experience
o Some experience configuring switches
o Experience with firewalls
o Substantial experience with Active Directory including group policy, replication, etc.
o Knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMWare/ESXi preferred)
o Support of a multi OS environment: Windows, OSX, and Linux (RHEL, CENTOS, and Debian)
o Advanced knowledge of Office365
o PowerShell (all versions), Bash, and AppleScript
o Web Development/API tie in
o Boto3 experience a plus but not required
• Formal education in Computer Science or equivalent a plus
• Experience with network rendering a plus
• Certifications such as CCNA, BCNA, MCSA, MCSE, VMware’s or equivalent experience desired
• Positive can-do attitude combined with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
• Able to work collaboratively in an environment with very little instruction.
Local Applicants to Los Angeles only please
No calls please