- This is a dual office administration and HR role in a creative environment. The Studio Operations Manager / HR Generalist works closely with the company’s New York-based executive management team and the Los Angeles-based HR department. They play a key role in raising the profile of FuseFX as an employer of choice in the New York visual effects community.
HR Functions (50%)
- Participates in local recruiting activities in collaboration with the LA-based recruiting team. Attend job fairs, networking events, and other forms of outreach to the New York VFX community
- Schedule and participate in interviews. Assist colleagues in preparing for interviews, and presenting Fuse’s team as personable and well-organized. Strive to make the experience of interviewing at FuseFX a positive one for every candidate.
- Work with other members of the recruiting team to maintain a record of candidates and interviews for future reference.
- Support LA based recruiting team in all administrative capacities.
- Stay up-to-date with local employment and immigration laws. Assist with handling immigration paperwork on behalf of the company.
- Onboard new employees, ensuring all paperwork is completed, policies are understood, and newcomers feel welcome
- Partner with Production Resources Manager in LA to remain engaged with FuseFX staff throughout their time at the company, including training needs, opportunities for professional growth, retention, and departures.
- Ensure terminations are handled professionally and with discretion.
- Under the guidance of the Production Resources Manager in LA, implement the FuseFX employee review process at the New York office, including tracking, scheduling and preparing timely reviews for staff.
- Capture staff feedback on freelancers and temporary staff who do not participate in the regular employee review process.
- Assist in benefits administration
- Organize schedules for weekend work. To the extent possible, work with the Production team to ensure no individual team members are subject to excessive overtime. Ensure meals are provided as determined.
- Collaborate with the Director of HR in Los Angeles to handle employee relations matters and advise other staff. Role model good employee relations practices.
Office Administration Functions (50%)
- Coordinate timesheet collection for bi-weekly payroll, working with supervisors to ensure all employees submit accurate timesheets in a timely manner.
- Oversee reception and office coordinators and make sure proper procedures are being used. Support receptionist / front desk duties – answering phones, receiving clients/visitors, checking media/drives in and out, regular restocking.
- Manage company vault, including secure handling of sensitive client materials.
- Maintain a pleasant and functional office space. Oversee and coordinate all building maintenance. Handle furniture and supply requests. Communicate any facility-related issues to upper management, and suggest and coordinate solutions
- Complete first aid / fire warden training.
- Assist Marketing team in taking photos and creating content for social media posts.
- Organize office events, and look for opportunities to enhance employee experience and company culture at the New York studio.
- Ensure company and, where applicable, client security policies are understood by all FuseFX staff and adhered to at all times.
- Keep an inventory of all office supplies & necessities. Place new supply orders on a regular basis.
- Track all office related costs / invoices / budgets.
- Facilitate artist requests for demo reel materials, as determined by company policy.
- Organize couriers, orders or deliveries as needed.
- Organize and book travel for New York-based employees, including flights, hotels, and car rentals.
- Miscellaneous office duties as needed (e.g. changing light bulbs, building office furniture, breaking down boxes, updating database, updating spreadsheets, event planning, various administrative tasks)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a HR/Operations role
- Previous experience in a VFX / post production facility preferred, but not required.
- Must project an approachable, knowledgable and professional demeanor
- Must be comfortable managing a small team
- Excellent conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrates initiative and a proactive attitude, e.g. consistently on the look-out for opportunities to make improvements
- Role requires exemplary confidentiality and discretion
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.