FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that produces visual effects for television, film, commercials, games and special venues. This is an ideal opportunity to get your foot in the door with a company that has an outgoing and dynamic company culture.
The company is seeking a Payroll/Benefits Administrator responsible for bi-weekly processing of company payroll and benefits administration. They are the first point of contact for employees in matters of timekeeping, attendance, payroll, and benefits.
Job Related Responsibilities:
• Executes company policies and procedures for payroll processing. Ensures compliance with wage and hour laws.
• Processes Bi-weekly payroll for three work sites, LA, NY, and BC.
• Exercises critical thinking methods to identify and solve problems.
• Audits Bi-weekly timesheets. Reviews difference between Calculated and Reported times.
• Responds timely to all payroll related questions.
• Develops SOPs for payroll processes and is responsible for weekly payroll reporting.
• Provides accurate and timely data to HR Director as requested.
• Ensures Vacation and Sick hours have been accrued and are available.
• Processes vacation liability reports for all three locations.
• Reconciles monthly benefit deductions, ensuring employees are up to date on payments against monthly billing cycles.
• Responsible for all HR internal file maintenance.
• Prepares, reviews and distributes bi-weekly Staff Reports.
• Monitors timesheets for tardy and absenteeism issues.
• Review and approve all on-site contractor invoices.
• Prepares and validates bi-weekly 401(k) pay files for 401(k) providers.
• Administers benefits for employees.
• Organizes Open Enrollment with payroll partner.
• Coordinates with benefits broker for all benefit related inquiries.
• Exceptional customer service and team skills.
• Precise attention to detail with the ability to analyze data and recognize inconsistencies with ease.
• 3-5 years of relatable work experience, preferably in the entertainment or media industry.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Paylocity experience a plus.
• Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving.
• Self-starter, problem solver, with focused drive to produce timely and accurate deliverables.
• Must be available to work a standard work shift and any overtime hours if necessary.
• Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
• Background in Accounting/HR preferred.
• Must be effective communicator, flexible and adaptable, with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.