• FuseFX Los Angeles is looking for a seasoned Nuke Technical Director to join our global pipeline team. The Nuke Technical Director is responsible for maintaining and writing workflow tools for production use.
• Keeping our toolsets, gizmos, scripts and plugin setups organized and up to date
• Providing documentation of all development with consistent updates
• Collaborating with pipeline team, comp supervisors and end users to determine the best solutions
• Maximizing tools for Nuke updates
• Identifying bugs and resolving/optimizing existing tools, gizmos, and scripts.
• Troubleshooting artists scripts when necessary
• Setting up show templates for shot setup and processing (color space, resolutions, ratio, image format, slates, overlays)
• Communicating with the Foundry regarding open tickets, requests and beta testing.
• Working within research and development as needed
• A computer science degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 5 years experience as a Nuke TD
• At least 3 years experience as a Nuke Compositor
• The ability to translate a artist’s perspective while designing tools with a focus on useability
• Extensive working knowledge of Python and Nuke
• The ability to prioritize production needs and tasks
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Problem solving abilities
• A good understanding of general Editorial Workflow (colorspace, LUT’s, formats, etc…)
• Desirable skills include: PySide, PyQt, Qt, filemaker pro and Deadling experience
• Familiarity with heiro/nuke studio
• Familiarity with nle and DI to the extent that it will inform the pipeline before and after comp.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.