FuseFX is seeking a Facility Operations Manager who will serve as an operational and administrative lead for our Los Angeles facility, housing 200+ employees. They play a key role in the day to day employee and client experience.
The Facility Operations Manager is responsible for overall office activities, front desk reception, and studio facilities, including developing and supervising programs for the efficient utilization of services and equipment.
• Create and communicate a welcoming atmosphere and positive experience for all clients, vendors, and staff.
• A detailed self-starter with the ability to handle multiple priorities with a high level of accuracy.
• Understand the concerns and daily priorities of the studio, maintain flexibility, and pro-actively tackle issues when necessary.
• Effectively evaluate and communicate priorities, recognizing when studio management and executive stakeholders need to be involved.
• Learn and understand the workings of the company on a broad level to assist the front desk in all related activities.
• Demonstrate ability to define, lead, and own project work.
• Skilled problem solver with the ability to create and communicate solutions
Job Related Responsibilities:
• Oversee reception and make sure proper procedures are being used. Support receptionist / front desk duties – answering phones, receiving clients/visitors, checking media/drives in
and out, regular restocking. Ensure that front desk and facilities security protocols are understood and adhered to by all facilities staff.
• Oversee Office Coordinators by setting clear expectations and duties on a daily basis to ensure effective operations at Reception including telephone communications for both internal and external customers.
• Be cognizant of general company security policy and alert company security team to any breach.
• Manage the secure handling and tracking of hard drives containing critical data: logging in/out, picking-up, delivery and general inventory. Contacting Post Houses if drives have not been returned within 2 weeks. Contacting internal Producers if client drives have been in vault for over 2 weeks.
• Own the execution of desk and office moves in collaboration with IT and Production Management. Identify appropriate times for moves to take place and ensure that set-up of work spaces is complete and function for employees to resume work.
• Ensure the company phone list is up to date and distributed when changes are made.
• Order general office supplies (food, cleaning supplies, stationery, business cards and other items) from vendors; electing cost-effective options, when appropriate.
• Compile weekend work schedule by checking with Producers, Supervisors, IT and Render staff. Ensure that weekend crew are aware of opening and closing times. Open and close the office as needed.
• Coordinate timesheet collection for bi-weekly payroll, working with supervisors to ensure all timesheets are sorted in a timely manner and submitted to HR.
• Organize office events as directed by senior management and engage with outside vendors. Look for opportunities to enhance employee experience and company culture at the Los Angeles studio.
• Coordinate office travel and understand and effectively communicate travel and expense policies to staff when book travel. Balance controlling travel costs with ensuring staff arrive at their destination prepared for work.
• Maintain a pleasant and functional office space. Oversee and coordinate all building maintenance. Handle furniture and supply requests. Communicate any facility-related issues to upper management, and suggest and coordinate solutions. Works closely/coordinates with Landlord and Property Management Group.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, and efficient work space, and partner with HR to ensure compliance with health and safety standards. Leads health and safety committee, providing documentation and outlines for emergency preparedness.
• Coordinate, oversee and/ or manage work assignments performed by technicians, vendors, and contractors performing building maintenance, and janitorial work. Evaluate quality and cost of contractors work and make recommendations for approved vendors/services. Respond quickly to emergency maintenance requests.
• Prepare conference rooms and screening rooms for key client visits, including refreshments and snacks.
• Manage and track operational costs, building maintenance, office supply orders, and cleaning/handyman.
• Exceptional customer service and team skills
• Must be effective communicator, flexible and adaptable, with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Experience working in a studio environment preferred.
• Mechanical knowledge at the level which will allow the candidate to perform the Building Maintenance Coordinator duties as stated above, including ability to carry out minor facility repairs and building upkeep (i.e. resetting HVAC systems; touch-up painting; minor carpentry)
• Proficiency with hand and power tools
• Intermediate level PC skills including Microsoft Office
• Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position including lifting-up to 50 pounds
• Must be an effective communicator
• First Aid + CPR Certified preferred, not required
• Must be available to work overtime
• May be required to drive for work and must have reliable vehicle and clean driving record.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.